[ppml] tossed over the wall...

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Jul 14 11:03:14 EDT 2005

# I have to admit some confusion.  It took quite a bit of effort to rid the
# routing systems of fixed network boundaries in IPv4 (and, in fact, there are
# still vestiges here and there).  Is there some reason that IPv6 makes
# dealing with variable length network masks more complicated than IPv4?

it's just easier to market/deploy something that lands on a : or . boundary.
my preference would be to break that mold, once and for all, and deliberately
choose something like a /55 or /57 just to force folks to THINK.