[ppml] Deaggregation in the ARIN region Was: [nanog] The Ci d r Report

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Feb 15 04:46:10 EST 2005

> Almost every ISP on the CIDR report(most of the continuing problem) has
been
> to one or more NANOGs. Most can be found "usually" there.

I disagree. I have been to several NANOG meetings and
I have never seen an ISP or NSP at any of them. All
attendees that I saw were PEOPLE. Yes, many of them
worked for one ISP or another in various different
job capacities, but this is hardly relevant.

The problem is that we want CORPORATE entities
to take a certain action, namely aggregating their
BGP announcements. In order for this to happen we
somehow need to communicate the need for such action
with the decision makers in those corporate entities
and provide a justification for what we say.

Nothing that I have seen indicates that ISP
decision makers are even aware of the problem.
I have no idea how many ISP decision makers are
on the NANOG and ARIN lists nor do I know
how many of the list members have the ear
of the decision makers in their organizations.

Talk is cheap.

--Michael Dillon