[ppml] Proposed Policy: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Dec 15 09:34:04 EST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Bill Darte wrote:

> the leverage to move.  If you think the dates cannot be met,

No, I don't think these dates will be met. Nor does IETF have a good
record in meeting proposed dates for introduction of new technologies
or meeting its own deadlines in WGs for that matter...

> then those stakes can be driven further out perhaps, but I see the
> timeline as being a principle quality of the proposal.

I believe its good to mention that specific timeline will be posted
as agreed by the community. I just don't think specific timeline
should be set in stone at this stage as part of policy text.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net