[ppml] Proposed Policy: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Dec 15 08:22:16 EST 2005

We should not rely on the emergency powers - there is a reason why it
is called emergency after all...

My view is that we should avoid putting dates several years in the future
in the policy proposals without very good reason to believe it can
happen at the time proposal is made. It is better to leave deciding
exact date to the discretion of ARIN and I think ARIN staff on its
own can be bring this issue on the meeting & mail lists and base
actual date on the consensus of the community.

P.S. Do any of you still remember how many times date for discontinuing
6bone was moved?