[ppml] Proposed Policy: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Dec 14 23:45:35 EST 2005

While I think Rob's concerns are somewhat valid, I would suggest the
following:

1.	Geoff makes excellent points about needing to set target dates
	in order to provide incentive towards operational experience
	moving forward.  These dates will help overcome inertia prior
	to needing a crisis to do so.  A crisis based change would
	be bad for a number of reasons.

2.	I think that the ARIN BOD emergency policy rescind authority can
	be an adequate safeguard against phase two starting in some
	form of catastrophically early.  It's not like they tend to be
	asleep at the switch on such issues.

Just my $0.02.

Owen