[ppml] 2005-1:Business Need for PI Assignments

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 27 09:36:57 EDT 2005

Owen and all,

  Both sides of this issue and/or argument have merit.  On one side
a more conservative and restrictive approach is helpful for longer
term address availability and prevention of wasted allocations.
On the other more liberal side and/or approach preferred by
some, is in part the idea that a more liberal allocation policy will
aid in the migration from Ipv4 to Ipv6 for good or ill.

  It may be that some middle ground is satisfactory to both
entrenched sides of this divide in terms of policy?! Or am I all
wet here?

Jeffrey A. Williams
    Pierre Abelard

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."