[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-2: Directory Services Overhaul

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Apr 18 16:18:06 EDT 2005

--On Monday, April 18, 2005 9:27 AM -0400 Glenn Wiltse <iggy at merit.edu>
wrote:

>   Actually I think there are ligitamate reasons that a POC may not be
> responsive for as many as 3 months. The policy proposal is unclear if this
> must be consecutive months or not, but this too is somewhat irrelevant.
> Consider a small special purpose school that may not operate for the whole
> summer.

Such a school should have at lesat one POC which will accept responsibility
for addressing abuse complaints while they are closed.  If they have to
contract with their usptream to achieve this, so be it.  Really, what is
the likelihood such a school would have a direct ARIN assignment/allocation?

Why should the world live with indefinite periods of abuse?

Owen