[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-2: Directory Services Overhaul

Glenn Wiltse iggy at merit.edu
Mon Apr 18 11:28:09 EDT 2005

  In Michigan, and I'm sure elsewhere... there are Speical Function
Special Purpose schools that do not belong to ISDs. I know at least one
where the staff is more or less a husband and wife who operate the school.

   The SFSP school is really just one example, there could be others
where POCs for reassigned resources could be un-responsive for long
periods of time, yet the data is not nessasarly invalid, or fraudulent.

  As the ISP providing service to some of these very small schools and
other tiny originization or individuals, we often want the first line of
contact for these types of customers to be someone close to our customers
LAN. We want the information public...  We consider it to be valid data,
and want you to try and resolve any issues with them whenever possible. If
you can not make contact with a POC that we've listed with a reassignmet,
then you are weclome to contact us, and we will respond. Furthermore, if
you do find some data that is inaccurate for one of our reassignments, we
will correct it.

  The contacts for a ISP's customer(reassignments of ARIN resources) are
not nessasarly inaccurate if they do not respond in some fixed amount of
time.

  Glenn Wiltse