[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-3: Lame Delegations

Glenn Wiltse iggy at merit.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:11:22 EDT 2005

 I still have many concerns about this policy, as currently written and
proposed. However in the interest of trying to help get something changed
now, that may help ARIN staff actualy do what policy intends without
overly burdening the current staff, I will suggest the following that
would make this proposal less objectionable to me.

 I think at the very minimum there should be some statement that
indicates how long a lame delegation has been known to be 'lame'
before that lame delegation is to be removed. Say, something like
the following...

"After attempting to contact the domain holder and confirming that the
lame delegation persists for a minimum of 45 days, ARIN will update
the database that will result in a removal of the lame delegation."

 A statment simmilar to that, would at least give some clarity to
what would minimaly take place before any removal of delegations would
occur, and I think this would be a good thing.

 FYI -  I took most of those words directly from the APNIC's policy, which
incedentaly is even more detailed then ARIN's currently is...

http://www.apnic.net/services/rev-del/index.html

Glenn Wiltse