[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Oct 22 14:36:54 EDT 2004

In a message written on Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 04:57:25PM +0100, Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:
> I don't believe that the IETF or IESG is interested
> in hearing what ARIN has to say.

That may be, but IANA, ICANN, the other RIR's, and many other people
do.  I didn't say we need a process for ARIN to speak to the IETF,
but to speak in general.

Additionally, I disagree.  While I don't think the IETF would give
ARIN's response any more weight than an individual or a corporation
who responded, I do think they would give it the same weight.  They
want to know what the stakeholders think, and ARIN as a group is a
stakeholder in this issue.