[ppml] composition of and representation on the BoT

Lee Howard lhoward at blackboard.com
Fri Nov 19 10:12:39 EST 2004

Interesting.  Are you asserting that elections don't provide
satisfactory representation, or that limiting voter eligibility to
members limits the representation to People Like the Members?  How
could ARIN affect the membership of the BoT without reducing the
openness of the process?

I'm not sure what Real Consumers look like.  Are they kind of like
Real Americans?  Or Real Men who Don't Eat Quiche (C)?  Or Real
Butter (tm)?  Are they employees of small consulting companies, stub
networks, and educational institutions?
http://www.arin.net/about_us/ab_org_bot.html

By the way, a teenager with a modem has run for the Board several
times.  I look forward to your nominations of librarians next year.

> randy

Lee

PS:  The AC has fairly broad demographics:
5 Internet carriers (telco, collo, and cable, large and small),
3 TLD or root operators,
3 educational/research institutions,
2 consultants,
1 aircraft manufacturer,
and Cathy Wittbrodt.
Source:  http://www.arin.net/about_us/ab_org_ac.html

This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
It may include Blackboard confidential and proprietary information, and is not for redistribution.