[ppml] RE: [arin-announce] NRO Response to ITU Comments on th e Management of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 18 14:48:44 EST 2004

> > Many stakeholders are so indirect that they do not NEED to know.
>
> perhaps they should be allowed to determine that for
> themselves. if they are stakeholders, perhaps placing the
> stakes where they can't be found is not a reasonable social contract.
>
> randy

Entirely true and I meant no representation otherwise. Should have said "may
not" need to know.  Still your point is well taken and the remainder of my
unquoted message was specifically to the point of trying to collaborate and
extent the ARIN outreach to penetrate the fog...

But I doubt whether you are advocating putting enough stakes in the ground
such that the cost becomes exhorbitant. Or DO you suggest spending ARIN
income in quantities sufficient to reach ALL stakeholders so that they can
"determine for themselves" that they don't need the information?

bd