[ppml] RE: [arin-announce] NRO Response to ITU Comments on the Management of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Nov 17 14:15:45 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Randy Bush wrote:

> > I am aware that one does not have to be an ARIN member to propose a policy
> > or participate, however, I question how many non-members are (a) aware of
> > this; and (b) participate in the ARIN PPML and at meetings.
>
> you can count me as one

(c) And who were not previously involved in ARIN and had not been on ARIN
    BoT or ARIN AC?

I generally agree with Gregory Massel - its largerly the same group of
people who are involved and by far greater majority are from large ISPs
who are the ones that I suspect have larger participation in elections
as opposed to smaller ISPs (who can vote but too many dont) and as such
have greater control over who is on ARIN BoT and ARIN AC and through that
are capable of moving through policies that are of more interest to them
rather then policies that are of more interest to public at-large.

Now that said I certainly don't think ITU can do any better - in fact
its even tightier group and in too many countries governments are corrupt
or otherwise serve only small most powerfull group of persons/companies.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net