[ppml] ARIN 2002-3 statistics

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Mon Nov 15 12:00:44 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:28:16 -0500
 "Leslie Nobile" <leslien at arin.net> wrote:
> A recent question has come up on this list regarding the number of
> organizations that have qualified for IPv4 addresses under policy 2002-3
> "Address Policy for Multi-homed Networks.
>

> Since its implementation in May 2004, ARIN has been tracking the number of
> allocations and assignments (/21s and /22s) made under this policy very
> closely.  Here are the statistics as of Oct. 31, 2004:
>

> # of Organizations qualified:   80
>
> # of Allocations to ISPs       61
>
> # of Assignments to End Users:  27

Dear Leslie;

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry. A few more questions :

I notice that 61 + 27 = 88 > 80. Are some allocations / assignments doubled ?
Shouldn't these numbers add up ?

Also, how many total applications were received (i.e., was anyone turned down or is still
pending) ?

And, in the last year, how many total allocations / assignments did ARIN make ? I.e., what
percentage of the total is microassignments ? It sounds like it is pretty small, given that 20,000
new address blocks appeared in BGP.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks