[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation on draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-centra l-00.txt, take 2

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Nov 10 01:47:47 EST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Bill Darte wrote:

> I understand and agree that another mechanism for 'formal' communication by
> ARIN is needed.  Indeed, we are working on this, but this process must be
> vetted by the ARIN community especially if it is to happen in a timely
> manner.  Our region works on a protocol of consensus and we need a way that
> the community recognizes consensus.
>
> That doesn't mean that we shouldn't work in parallel to find a way to
> communicate important concerns to IETF over the IPv6 issue at hand.  I just
> don't think a 'formal ARIN' message is possible at this time.

I second that and agree that because this "mechanism" does not exist
we have no way to do it in the way Leo wants.

I would say that this latter can be discussed in the open (lime this list)
but this all should be considered "input" to ARIN and the person who
should be submitting the letter and who shoult be signing on it should be
ARIN's President on behalf of ARIN itself.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net