[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation on draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-centra l-00.txt, take 2

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Nov 9 18:30:43 EST 2004

> Owen DeLong wrote:
> [SNIP]

Completely agree with your post.

> You see uniqueness as a benefit in the case of site-local
> (RFC-1918 which deprectaed RFC-1597) space.  In general,
> I´d even agree with this except for point 2 below.

There could have been a solution to this: a scoping mechanism that would have put a technical barrier (instead of a psychological one that can be bought as you pointed out) in the way of announcing globally unique site-local addresses on the public internet. Unfortunately, it has been canned.

Michel.