[ppml] Question on policy evaluation process and last call petition

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Mon May 24 17:07:52 EDT 2004

William,

> I have a question if policy evaluation process allows for last call
> petitions for policies that are presented by AC.

The Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process states that, "the author may
elect to use the 'last call petition' process to advance their proposal."

In the event that the author of a policy proposal is a member of the ARIN
Advisory Council, it does not preclude that person from electing to use the
last call petition process.

> In any case I wanted to find if its ok if I publish the response by
> ARIN legal council that was forwarded to me two months ago or if its
> considered ARIN private work document that can not be disclosed.

ARIN staff may coordinate the release of this information upon request.

> Also I want to know if 5 days from the announcementto drop policy to
> do petition is considered 5 working days or any 5 days

The ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process states:

"Within five working days of the Advisory Council's notification to the
Public Policy Mailing list stating their intention that a policy proposal be
abandoned, the author may elect to use the "last call petition" process to
advance their proposal."

The process document states that it is five "working days."  The
notification message to the public policy mailing list stating the Advisory
Council's intent to abandon 2003-9 was sent on Thursday, May 20, 2004.  The
five working day period in this case will expire on Thursday, May 27, 2004.

The full description of the ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process
is available at:

     http://www.arin.net/policy/ipep.html

Best Regards,

Richard Jimmerson