[ppml] Fw: Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Ed Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Tue Jun 29 19:06:52 EDT 2004

In message <2147483647.1088521551@[10.27.191.121]> (on 29 June 2004 15:05:51
-0700), owen at delong.com (Owen DeLong) wrote:
>As has been repeatedly pointed out, ARIN cannot enforce anything, their
>power is limited only to the refusal to issue new resources.  Once a
>resource is allocated it is largely outside of ARIN control and depends
>almost entirely on community consensus and self-governance.  I'm not
>particularly happy about this state of affairs, but, there is much grief
>that comes with giving ARIN more direct power, including
>U.S. constitutional issues.

ARIN can't enforce anything. But is anything stopping other providers than
NAC from ignoring any publication by NAC that is forced by the TRO (and any
publication from another ISP that the customer in question moves to)?

    -Allen

--
Allen Smith                       http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
February 1, 2003                               Space Shuttle Columbia