[ppml] Fw: Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Jun 29 18:59:59 EDT 2004

> ARIN's appropriate action is to file an Amicus Curae (Friend of the Court)
> Brief with the appropriate court. This should be informational in nature -
> the judge probably has no idea what the common industry practices are on
> this area.

it might be amusing, in a disgusting kind of way, to poll the
industry to see what the folk in it think common practices are.
i suspect that there is less agreement than we might like.  and
probably few remember or have read the archives on the subject.

just to kick the silliness off, my fading memory is of generall
consensus once upon a time that giving a departing customer a
minumum of three to a maximum of six months to renumber was
appropriate.

randy