[ppml] whois.arin.net and bulk requests

Leslie Nobile leslien at arin.net
Wed Jun 23 15:57:39 EDT 2004

Hi Jon-

Acceptable use of ARIN WHOIS data is generally defined as being for Internet
operational or technical research purposes pertaining to Internet operations
only.  Using the ARIN WHOIS data for advertising, direct marketing or
marketing research is strictly forbidden.

The bulk WHOIS data is provided in a compressed flat file, accessed via ftp
and updated daily.  The file is about 80 megabytes.  The ARIN whois daemon
is not available to the general public.

Regards,

Leslie Nobile
Director, Registration Services