[ppml] Bogons etc...

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed Jan 21 13:56:06 EST 2004

> Leo Bicknell
> Many people filtering spam would make use of a service that
> accurately listed "dark" space, so even if someone was able
> to get it routed server admins could drop mail from it.

The idea is not to route it in the first place. Besides, it probably
already exists on some RBLs.

> Firewall admins would like to use it for packet
> filtering, not route filtering.

Packet filtering is what routers are for, and a BGP bogon feed does
indeed make it very simple, as you can route to null0 all the bogons. I
do this already operationally, I can discard that traffic even before
the firewall.

Michel.