[ppml] Bogons etc...

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Wed Jan 21 10:22:55 EST 2004

>let's talk about this for a second:
>What does TEAM CYMRU do?
>Can it be scaleable?

I think that they compile and maintain a small directory
and publish that directory via BGP.

>How would it take a whole ISP offline? IE can you really see 12.0.0.0/8
added as a
>bogon? (Sorry AT&T, it was the first IP block I could think of)

I'm only suggesting that ARIN and the other RIRs take on
the task of compiling and maintaining and publishing the
directory. I think it would be an excellent idea for every
ISP to accept a live realtime feed of this directory whether
through BGP or through LDAP. However, I think it would be
extremely foolish for any ISP to hook this feed directly to
their core routers. Of course, if the feed is published by
some means other than BGP then it makes it almost impossible
for anyone to hold ARIN liable for the effect on someones core
network.

--Michael Dillon