[ppml] Proposed Policy: PI assignments for V6

Howard, W. Lee L.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Mon Dec 6 09:41:33 EST 2004

It was the consensus of the public when creating IPv6
policy to enforce provider-based aggregation.  As I recall,
this was the proposal that came from the IETF, and was
ratified by all of the RIRs through their policy processes.

The primary obstacle to deploying IPv6, therefore, would
be a dearth of IPv6 ISPs who can make assignments.  The
root cause, which can be inferred from your statement, is
that there's no demand for the next generation service,
since the current generation will last for the forseeable
future.

IMHO,
Lee