[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

mlawrie at zanet.co.za mlawrie at zanet.co.za
Mon Sep 29 15:29:33 EDT 2003

I find this attitude quite appalling, and think that Alan Levin put
it exactly right wrt the "dragging down" analogy.

If there is a need throughout ARIN's main region of control (USA) to
have a change in policy, then propose it and let it stand or fall on
the merits of the arguments. But it is a really sick dog-in-the-
manger approach to set about blocking another proposal for another
region (Southern Africa) that has had, without choice, to fall under
ARIN's control and therefore has had to comply with some policies
that are not appropriate for that latter region.

Mike

--
Mike Lawrie.
Ph +27 12 348 0944 or 072 480 8898