[ppml] Policy Proposal 2002-3: Micro-Assignments for Multihomed Networks

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Mon Sep 29 14:46:21 EDT 2003

Can I ask for 1 clarification:
Allocation vs Assignment.
Allocation allows voting rights where as assignment does not.
Is this a true statement?

next questions:

If both Allocation and Assignment are made part of the proposal,
who make the decision of which is completed?
IE Allocation goes to ISPs, Assignment to end user?

And why would I want to accept an assignment versus an
allocation?

Please forgive my possible ignorance here...

Thanks,
Jim