[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Johann Botha joe at frogfoot.net
Thu Sep 25 03:50:03 EDT 2003

Hi Owen                                          >@2003.09.25_03:53:39_+0200

> I support the formation of AfriNIC.

cool

> However, there are non-African ramifications to ARIN adopting 2003-15 which
> I believe override the desire to provide this solution for Africa.  I
> believe 2003-15 represents a good policy with one flaw.  It is Africa
> specific.  As long as it is Africa specific, I will vote against it.  If
> 2003-15 is amended to cover all of ARIN, I will vote for it.  I will vote
> for 2002-3.

this reminds me of the story of a guy with an open basket full of crayfish.
somebody asked him if he wasn't worried that the crayfish would escape..
no, he replied, as soon as one makes it to the top, the others will drag him
back down.

--
Regards                  ..Friends don't let friends use Outlook
 Johann

          'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
                                 - Leonardo da Vinci
 Johann L. Botha      Frogfoot Networks ISP              AS22355
 joe at frogfoot.net     http://www.frogfoot.net/
 +27.82.562.6167      Built and Managed with Attention to Detail
 0860 KERMIT
 http://blue.frogfoot.net/