[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Mark ELkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Sep 24 11:51:57 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 16:26, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> So, is ARIN or RIPE assigning space in Africa?  From the discussion
> so far it seems both are assigning space.  This surprises me, as I
> thought things had been divided up geographically.  I don't think we
> want two (or more) people assinging space to the same group.

Actually - ARIN, RIPE and APNIC all allocate to what should one day become
AfriNIC  :-)

Generally... RIPE has the top half of Africa, ARIN the bottom half and APNIC
some islands in the Indian Ocean...

--

The proposal is basically allowing an african ISP who is a quarter of the
 size of a non-african ARIN ISP to be seen as equally sized when it comes to

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco