[ppml] Allocation and reallocation

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Oct 28 07:14:08 EST 2003

>  If you have been held to 80% utilization (80% of the addresses actually

>have hosts) for end-user blocks, then it would seem that there's a
problem
>at ARIN.

>As such, if you feel this is still happening, we should get a
>clarification from ARIN personel regarding this.

If the policies of ARIN are confusing and unclear (they are) then
it is likely that ARIN's processes and the actions of ARIN's
staff in analyzing applications will also be confusing and
inconsistent.

ARIN staff can address that internally by making a clear
and unambiguous process based on their understanding of the
policy but that doesn't help us. And, if the policy is
confusing, their process could be wrong.

The solution is to have clear and unambiguous policy.
If that means we need to write clearer language for the
existing policy without changing the effect of the policy
then we should do so.

But ARIN staff can't clarify the policy by themselves.

--Michael Dillon