[ppml] Allocation and reallocation

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Oct 27 12:42:53 EST 2003

This is handled in the policy as it exists today.  The LIR can be it's own
customer for some of it's blocks.  If, for example, an LIR receives a /20
from ARIN, they need to allocate or assign 80% of it before they can get
more.  They can ASSIGN some of it to themselves for their infrastructure
as long as they meet the 50% utiliziation criteria for assignment on those
blocks. They can assign and allocate other parts of it to their customers.
When 80% has been allocated or assigned, they go back to ARIN and ask
for another allocation.

Really... This part of the policy is _NOT_ broken.  The terminology (which
is what started this debate) may be, but, the actual policy itself is not.

Owen