[ppml] Allocation and reallocation

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon Oct 27 03:53:40 EST 2003

>Allocations are addresses that should ALWAYS be returned by Assignees
>upon
>the latter's seeking a new provider, its demise by bankruptcy, its

A further illustration of the futility of trying
to redefine the English language. Allocate and
assign are clearly synonymous in Jim's mind even
though he recognizes a distinction in the properties
that we associate with address blocks.

We simply do not have an appropriate verb or noun
to express that distinction in English. The normal
course of events in this situation is to use
adjectives, i.e. black t-shirt and white t-shirt.

What is the essence of the distinction we are trying
to make and what are some of the ADJECTIVES we could
use to express that distinction? Is it simply that
some address blocks can be handed on to others by
the recipient and others can't? Or are there other
important properties that need to be distinguished?

--Michael Dillon