[ppml]How far is too far?

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Sat Oct 4 10:06:54 EDT 2003

> You need to be careful here.  AS numbers are actually a more limited
> resource than IPv4 addresses!  While I haven't looked at the
> ARIN graphs
> recently, a couple years ago ASN exhaustion was the most immediate
> threat, although plans were being discussed to extend it....
> --

Please forgive my ignorance here.
But after the dot-bomb shouldn't a large number of ASN's
now be unused?  and not just that, what about the
mergers? uunet alternet worldcom etc...
When looking at the netatlantis.org site, I seem to
see large gaps..

Should we not be considering ASN reclamation?

just a thought...

Jim