[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

leo vegoda leo at ripe.net
Wed Oct 1 04:23:26 EDT 2003

William Stucke <William at zanet.co.za> wrote:

[...]

>In addition, in terms of "inter-registry policy coordination", RIPE
>currently makes /22 allocations for their "Micro Members" and only requires
>a demonstrated need for a /22, I believe. AfriNIC intends doing the same.
>Why is ARIN out of step?

That's not quite accurate.

We do not have a "Micro Member" billing category. Information on the
RIPE NCC's 2004 charging scheme is available on our web site at:

    <http://ripe.net/ripe/draft-documents/charging2004-aoa03.html>

We also have a document that describes the default and minimum
allocation size for each /8 block we've received from the IANA. It shows
that our minimum assignment size is /29.

    <http://ripe.net/ripe/docs/smallest-alloc-sizes.html>

leo vegoda
RIPE NCC
Registration Services Manager