[ppml] Reminder about Policy Proposal 2002-3

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Fri Nov 21 15:04:51 EST 2003

Hello all,

I am the shephard for this policy proposal on the ARIN AC and will be
gathering the comments pro and con.  I would like to remind everyone, that
the proposed policy, while succinct now, had as an adjunct when proposed,
some other language.

That language was associated with monitoring the impact of lowering the
minimum allocation and assignment boundary for multihomed blocks to /22.
Some, more than others, were/are concerned that there may be negative impact
to the size of the routing table, the number of requests and therefore the
amount of IP space, ARIN staff impact, etc.

I would like to request everyone interested in this policy that thinks there
will be negative impacts to identify them and also suggest means by which
such impact might be measured.  Also, I would be interested in the period
over which you believe such assessment should be conducted before one might
reasonably proclaim impact or lack thereof.

I would like your considered and succinct recommendations related to this
matter to be posted to this list at your earliest convenience.

As always, I thank you for your participation in the ARIN public policy
process and I am happy to hear from you on this or any other matter of
concern to you.

Happy Holidays to all!

Bill Darte
ARIN AC