[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2003-3

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Nov 19 14:04:28 EST 2003

OK... I can see this for a /28, but what about a /24, /22, /21, or even
a /13?  There's NOTHING in the residential customer privacy policy to
prevent ANY of those size allocations from being anonymous, and, nothing
that prevents the ISP from "making up" residential customers to chew
up space to justify more allocations.

Hiding the data this way prevents ARIN from being able to do it's job
and creates an invitation to abuse-friendly providers to do a land-grab
of vast amounts of abuse-friendly space scattered far and wide throughout
the IP space.

Owen

--On Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:15 AM -0500 Ron da Silva <ron at aol.net>