[ppml] The WIANA registry

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Fri May 2 11:33:00 EDT 2003

> I'm suggesting that those of us who are privileged to be ARIN insiders
> should come down off of our pedestals and realize that the old order is
> being swept away. We need to change. We need to explain what we do, why we
> do it, and how we do it. It does no one any good to complain that
> outsiders are not following our rules when many of us barely understand
> what the rules are.
>
> --Michael Dillon

	I store my rules in an LDAP db.  :)
	Seriously, ARIN is doing a very good job in outreach and
	explaining what, why, and how we do things.  It is not perfect
	and still needs work but it is much more open/transparent than
	in decades gone by.  One might argue that we have lost important
	and valuable processes along the way and that may be true.
	We should fill in the missing, underspecified areas where appropriate
	and remain true to the core mission of prudent and effective
	management of the Internet resources we are entrusted with.

--bill