[ppml] Signing the Public DNS Root - Discussion at ARIN XI

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Fri Mar 7 12:25:40 EST 2003

I agree what you say here about the future (except ipv6 - need for new
ipv6 distribution would still exist even in far future) and what ARIN
needs to do. But ARIN is generally slow, so lets just keep our focus and
do dnssec for root first and then move to PKI next (which actually has
been discussed slightly on San Francisco meeting a two year ago and in
Las Vegas a year ago as well). In the end if we got all the things you
mention (DnsSec, PKI, ipv6, LDAP CRISP) started by 2010, I'll actually be
quite happy :)

Oh, regarding LDAP, considering current arin situation, I'll try to do it
all on my own and mirror ARIN data and provide it through CRISP (which is
actually LDAP) protocol. I'll have presentation ready for next meeting
after Memphis. If people like it, I'm sure we can encorage ARIN to do the
same and in the end they will when CRISP begins to be deployed.