[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-1: Human Point of Contact

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Wed Mar 5 12:08:32 EST 2003

Just for the record when voting on this one, I echo these sentiments.  I
sure can't put my name on everything and I don't see anyone in my company
being willing or able to fullfill this request.

As someone mentioned earlier, role accounts exist for a reason.  We do an
excellent job of responding to any coorespondence this way.  To put this
task on a single person, even for a company our size, is asking us to no
longer respond to people.

Isn't it much like asking an ARIN employee to give out their email and
phone to handle all new requests for IPs?

I would venture to guess that ARIN thinks they are doing a much better job
with their automated process than routing everything through a single
employee.  Why would it be any different for us?

If things really break down and you can't get a role account to respond,
then there are conventional methods available to you.

Mury