[ppml] A proposal to modify proposal 2003-9 (WHOIS and INADDR access)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jun 10 17:56:00 EDT 2003

I don't see a need for an AUP given that the data is all publicly
available by hammering the name servers.  Unlike the whois servers
which can easily be throttled, the nameservers would degrade service
to legitimate users.  Personally, I think a .tar.gz of the zone files
would be quite adequate.  FTP and/or HTTP is fine.

Owen

--On Tuesday, June 10, 2003 17:08 -0400 Richard Jimmerson