[ppml] Policy 2002-7

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Tue Jan 21 10:54:36 EST 2003

Hello All,
Richard is correct.

The AC met via teleconference on January 16th to discuss outstand policy
proposals and other business.  The status of 2002-3 and 2002-7 was
ambiguous.  Both are quite similar.  Authors of both were invited to rewrite
their proposals and/or work together to eliminate the ambituity.  The
authors of 2003-3 have begun to rework their policy proposal and so it is
still viable.  Because the author of 2002-7 has not responded and because of
its similarity with 2002-3, the AC made a recommendation to the Board of
Trustess of ARIN to abandon consideration of 2002-7.  That recommendation
will presumably be considered during the next BoT meeting.

I thank you all for your interest in these proposals and of course I
understand from your emails that you think something in this area needs to
be done.  I encourage you to be specific in you interests.......what you
think needs to be done within a policy to mitigate some problem that you
face.  Posting clear and concise statements of problem and solutions as you
see them will likely help the authors of 2002-3 accomplish their edit with
the greatest possibility of creating an acceptable proposal.

Bill Darte
ARIN AC