[ppml] back to the IPv6 Policy questions

Barbara Roseman broseman at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 9 13:03:38 EST 2003

We seem to be drifting off topic into a discussion of IPv6's actual merits.
Please take that discussion off-list, or to an appropriate v6 discussion forum.

As for the topic that started this off, is there any evidence that the
current policy is discouraging the adoption of IPv6?

I'd ask John to state whether anyone he's working with has actually had an
application for IPv6 addresses rejected, and I'd like to ask ARIN's
registration services if they find themselves rejecting applications for
not meeting the proper criteria as ISPs as opposed to end-users.

If we need to do some education about how one qualifies for v6 space, that
is one problem.  If we need to change language or substance of the v6
policy, that is a different problem. I'd like to get a clearer picture of
which problem we're actually facing.

-Barb