[ppml] Draft 2 of proposal for ip assignment with sponsorship

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Thu Feb 27 17:56:29 EST 2003

--On Thursday, February 27, 2003 5:40 PM -0500 Jeff S Wheeler
<jsw at five-elements.com> wrote:

> Sadly, the practice of submitting false documentation to the ARIN with
> the intent of reaching the minimum allocation size is very common.
> Anyone who does not know that is wholely out of touch with small ISPs
> and mid-size corporate Internet users.
>
> In the current environment, it seems that the ARIN membership must be
> very accepting of folks lieing to get their provider-independent /20,
> even if they could get by with a longer allocation for a year or more.
> Either that, or organizationally, policy changes cannot be dedided upon
> and implemented by the ARIN in a business-like timeframe, so everyone is
> forced to turn a blind eye to this space-wasting practice.

"Thieves aren't criminals, they are just underpaid".

No matter how much we change the rules people are going to lie.  Why should
this be a reason to relax the ARIN minimum allocation?

Alec

Alec H. Peterson -- ahp at hilander.com
Chief Technology Officer
Catbird Networks, http://www.catbird.com