[ppml] Spamming off of this list

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Aug 26 18:15:14 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Mury wrote:

> I'd like to ask that this person be removed from this mailing list for
> spamming to list members.  Does ARIN have guidelines in place that forbids
> this pathetic practice?
>
> bhall at incognito.com
> Brian Hall | Product Manager
> Incognito Software Inc.
> T: 604.688.4332 x111 | F: 604.688-4339

Is it really spam if you post in a thread on a mailing list and someone
responds privately saying they have a product related to your post that
you might be interested in?  I'm not so sure I'd call it spam.

The 1.2mb bmp attachment (making the message 1.7mb) was somewhat
irresponsible/cluefree.  bmp isn't what I'd call a common or appropriate
format.  I converted it to a 65kb jpeg with cjpeg and no options in order
to see WTH it was.

 Atlantic Net                |