[ppml] IP address theft?

David Conrad david.conrad at nominum.com
Mon Apr 28 18:51:40 EDT 2003

Bill,

As with pretty much everything related to addressing, the power resides
with the ISPs.  If they choose to make 1.0.0.0/8 routable across the
Internet, then WIANA will have succeeded in their 'theft'.  The only
thing the IANA and RIRs can do is refuse to modify their databases to
reflect a change in registration.

Rgds,
-drc