[ppml] Re: Independent space from ARIN

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Wed Apr 23 22:05:04 EDT 2003

Thus spake "Alec H. Peterson" <ahp at hilander.com>
> --On Wednesday, April 23, 2003 7:28 PM -0500 Stephen Sprunk
> <stephen at sprunk.org> wrote:
> > How should we handle general stupidity which doesn't violate policy,
such
> > as requests for information that was already provided, unreasonable
> > delays, etc?
>
> Can I please make a request that people stop trying to label all ARIN
> registration staff people as 'stupid'?  Antagonizing them certainly will
> not help your cause.  And beyond that, it just isn't polite.

I apologize if that's what it appeared I was doing; I only meant to insult
the ones who do something to deserve it.

I'm sure many or even most of ARIN's staff are competent, professional, and
follow policy.  The nature of the beast is that we only hear about the bad
experiences, since folks with good experiences have little motivation to
participate in the change process.