[ppml] Re: Independent space from ARIN

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Tue Apr 22 17:00:06 EDT 2003

Thus spake "Sweeting, John" <John.Sweeting at teleglobe.com>
> Second, the percentage that understand ARIN policies do so because
> it is thier job to do so and so they take the time to read, learn and
> understand.

If ARIN's bureaucracy is so hideous that members need to hire extra staff
just to comply, something is very seriously wrong.

> It is much easier to say.....ARIN doesn't know what it is doing and
> that is why I cannot get my request approved.....then it is to take
> the time to understand the requirements and meet them.

Anecdotal evidence shows that ARIN does not follow its published policies
when making allocation decisions.  How, then, do you propose members
"understand the requirements and meet them"?