[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2003-5

Barbara Roseman broseman at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 18 14:00:49 EDT 2003

I agree with Dana's added language about maintenance windows, and with what
some others have proposed to make the language less specific to RWhois and
more generically to locally maintained dbs used in place of WHOIS. We
should have all caught this after Leslie's presentation on CRISP and IRIS.
These may still be some way off, but some version of them will arrive.

Einar raises a good point that the requirements for privacy should match
those of WHOIS, not create an entirely new set of standards. This also fits
with the idea that this proposal should cover a more generic set of dbs
than simply RWhois.

-Barb