[ppml] Re: Independent space from ARIN

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Apr 15 03:18:07 EDT 2003

Wow... Where'd you buy real estate without having to pay property
taxes?  I want some!!!

Seriously... The county clerk is paid from tax revenues.  On my property,
that's almost $5,000 per year, and I own a very small (<1200 sq ft.) house.

Further, property taxes vary with the "assessed value" of the property.
Last I checked, there's a whole other agency in the county dedicated to
determining how much to charge you... (County Assessors office).

Since, generally, larger parcels have larger value, yes, they do charge
based on the size of the parcel to a certain extent.

Sorry... Your analogy only serves to defend ARIN's current practice
if you analyze it completely.  Not that I completely disagree with
the position you were trying to put forward.  Just that I think your
analogy doesn't help your case.

Owen

--On Tuesday, April 15, 2003 0:22 -0500 Stephen Sprunk <stephen at sprunk.org>