[ppml] RIR's should have power to suspend Member's registration in specified circumstances

John M. Brown john at chagres.net
Fri Oct 25 17:13:38 EDT 2002

how do you intend to have the RIR's tell me what I can
and can't accept in my routing table ?

How do they enforce telling me what I can and can't have
in my routing table?

What happens when the RIR makes a mistake and drops YAHOO.COM
for 28 hours ? Who is financially liable for that mistake?

define __large__ number  of addresses.

Who would then clean them out of the various RBL lists ?

Seems that if you don't like traffic coming from specific
addresses, an ACL on your side would be the best choice.

its an interesting idea, but the above issues need some
resolutions.

john brown
speaking for himself