[ppml] Why should ARIN have to be dictated first by ICANN?

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Fri Oct 4 10:35:35 EDT 2002

> Why is this so difficult to understand ?

Why is this so diffucult for you to understand and to let go of?

> ISPs sell (lease) a "virtual product" called an IP address
> for $10 to $15 per month.

Not all ISPs do, and some seel for significantly less.

> ARIN should get one month's revenue on an annual basis.

What ISPs do with respect to pricing policy of IP space (if any) is NONE of ARINs business; and I'm sure that ARIN has stated this at one point.

> ICANN should get one month's revenue on an annual basis.

.. same statement as above.

Jim; it's time to get off that horse and move onto another. If you truely feel that ARIN is entitled to receive revenues for IP space from their downstream assignements, then please propose a policy statement to be reviewed at the next ARIN metting.