[ppml] LACNIC

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 3 11:09:58 EDT 2002

From: "Uchenna Ibekwe" <uibekwe at earthlink.net>
> - Legacy IP space allocated to Latin America, considering the establishment of
> LACNIC.
=====

LACNIC is "under" ARIN

Do you see any LACNIC allocations here ?
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

Also, do you think LACNIC (or ARIN) can pay ICANN $168 million per year per /8 ?

http://lacnic.net/en/transition.html
"On 2 September 2002, customers in the emerging LACNIC region will begin to receive invoices from LACNIC. Monies will be payable in
US dollars. All monies collected by LACNIC will be transferred to ARIN. ARIN in turn will return a portion of those monies to LACNIC
to help sustain LACNIC operations. Upon final recognition, the transfer of monies will cease. The target date for the cessation of
money transfer is 18 November 2002."